At Wilson Gunn, we help innovative businesses and leading brands to protect their intellectual property. We’re experts in our field and we are always on the lookout for more talented, passionate and motivated people to join our team.
We offer our employees the opportunity to work independently within a supportive environment. You will handle a varied and interesting caseload whilst working alongside a welcoming, approachable team who are passionate about delivering the very best for their clients. We will invest in your training and professional development and help you to pursue a long and rewarding career with us.
If you are interested in joining Wilson Gunn, please take a look at our opportunities below.
We are not currently advertising any vacancies.
We are not currently advertising any graduate vacancies however we are always happy to receive speculative applications, which we will retain on file for a period of six months. Please email your CV to our graduates inbox. As we generally receive a large number of applications we regret we are not always able to acknowledge them.
Please take a look at our vacancies below.
We are not currently advertising any vacancies within our administration team.
If you are a highly organised Legal Secretary with excellent problem-solving abilities, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop a rewarding career with a well-established firm.
We are Wilson Gunn, a leading practice of patent and trade mark attorneys. With offices in Manchester, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Liverpool, London and Dublin, our clients range from aspiring start-ups and SMEs through to multinational corporations and internationally renowned brands.
We are now looking for a Legal Secretary to join our head office in Manchester and provide a high level of support to our fee earners.
– Competitive salary DOE (increasing after probation period)
– Christmas bonus
– Auto enrolment pension scheme (after three months)
– The opportunity to become a qualified IP paralegal
– 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 30 with service
– Holiday buy/sell scheme (after 12 months)
– Full support and training
– Ride2work scheme (after probation period)
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting, new challenge with a firm that champions learning and development and supports their employees to fulfil their potential.
You will have the chance to increase your intellectual property expertise while working alongside a welcoming, approachable team who are passionate about delivering the very best for their clients.
Our office operates largely without paper affording a high degree of flexibility in working. Whilst working from home has become the ‘new normal’, we expect our flexible working practices to continue in the future.
As a Legal Secretary, you will provide administrative support to our patent and trade mark attorneys.
Focusing on completing tasks to a high standard within set deadlines, you will:
– Prepare, file and process new patent, trade mark and design applications
– Manage fee earners’ diaries to help maximise their efficiency
– Produce documents, including standard documentation, typing up copy and transcribing audio
– Provide occasional cover for reception and the switchboard
– Assist other Secretaries when required
To join us as a Legal Secretary, you will need:
– At least one year’s experience as a Legal Secretary
– Experience of typing up copy and audio, and ideally a typing speed of 50+ wpm
– A high level of IT literacy, including MS Office
– At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above in English and Maths
– An outstanding eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure
– Excellent communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Legal Assistant, Legal Team Secretary, Legal Support Assistant, IP Legal Secretary, Patent Legal Secretary, Legal PA, or Legal Administrator.
We are also eager to hear from individuals who have worked as a Claims Handler, Personal Injury Call Handler, PPI Advisor or similar.
Wilson Gunn are an equal opportunities employer, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:00
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting, new challenge with a firm that champions learning and development and supports their employees to fulfil their potential. To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.