Temporary fee changes at the UKIPO
Posted in | Sep 09, 2020
The UK Intellectual Property Office (UKIPO) has introduced some temporary fee changes to help businesses impacted by COVID-19.
The temporary fee changes have been in place since 30 July 2020 and will run until 31 March 2021 in relation to patents, trade marks and registered designs.
During this time:
- fees for extensions of time will be zero
- there will be no surcharge for payment of a patent application fee after the date of filing
- fees to apply for reinstatement and restoration will be zero
- for patents and designs, there will be no surcharge for late payment of a renewal fee
- for trade marks, the surcharge for late payment of a renewal fee will be £1
These fee changes will provide some support to businesses following the UKIPO’s ‘interrupted days’ period which ended on 29 July 2020.
Deadlines regarding completing actions, requesting extensions of time and paying fees will not be altered by these fee changes and should still be complied with.
The full list of fees affected are set out by the UKIPO here.
Please contact your usual attorney at Wilson Gunn if you have any questions regarding the temporary fee changes or concerns about meeting deadlines before the UKIPO.