Wilson Gunn partner to speak at Coventry and Warwickshire Business Festival
Posted in | Nov 22, 2017
Ben Appleton will be delivering an intellectual property seminar the Coventry and Warwickshire Business Festival on Monday 27th November 2017 alongside Brian More, Director for Intellectual Property Commercialisation at Coventry University.
The free half-day session entitled Your Business, Your Intellectual Property, Your Future, is recommended for any SMEs and start-ups in the region that are involved in R&D or innovation and will explain how you can add value to your business by identifying and protecting your intellectual property.
The session will cover:
- Trademarks, patents, design rights, copyright and trade secrets
- Advice on how to identify hidden commercial value in IP, and using IP for raising capital for business growth
- Implications of BREXIT on IP & accelerated channels
- Accelerated routes like the UK Green Channel and the EU PACE arrangements, with an explanation why this is recommended
- Case Study - importance of prior IP searching before registration is one of the valuable lessons learnt here, along with using the professional expertise of trademark and patent attorneys
- Funding available to support IP protection
For more information and to register your place at this free event, visit: https://cwbusinessfestival.ticketleap.com/your-business-your-ip-your-future/details
Your Business, Your Intellectual Property, Your Future
Monday 27th November
9am - 12pm
Coventry University, Westwood Heath Road, Coventry CV4 8GP