At Wilson Gunn, we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
Take a look at our latest opportunities below.
Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys and Trainees
Whether you are a graduate looking to begin their training or a qualified patent or trade mark attorney who wants to take the next step in their career, we’d love to hear from you.
We are not currently advertising a particular vacancy, however, we are always happy to hear from part-qualified and qualified attorneys who are interested in joining Wilson Gunn.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call James Robey on 0161 827 9400 to discuss possible opportunities in confidence.
Although we are not currently seeking any other trainee patent or trade mark attorneys we are always happy to receive speculative applications, which we will retain on file for a period of six months. Please email your CV to email@example.com.
As we generally receive a large number of applications we regret we are not always able to acknowledge them.
Our attorneys rely on our specialist support team and we are always happy to hear from talented individuals with experience, or enthusiasm to build a career, in IP administration.
We are Wilson Gunn, a leading practice of patent and trade mark attorneys. With offices in Manchester, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Liverpool, London and Dublin, our clients range from aspiring start-ups and SMEs through to multinational corporations and internationally renowned brands.
We are now looking for a Practice Manager to play a leading role in the Support Team at our head office in Manchester.
- Competitive salary DOE
- Pension scheme (after three months)
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 30 with service
- Holiday buy/sell scheme (after 12 months)
- Ride2work scheme (after probation period)
This impressive, exciting and in-depth role is based in our head office in Manchester, within walking distance of Manchester Victoria and other transport connections. We’ve been in Manchester since its rise during the industrial revolution and have seen the city grow and thrive around us.
Our teams of highly qualified and proficient professionals mean our environment is passionate and knowledgeable within, and about, our specialist fields. You’ll be providing expertise in a range of other areas to ensure the smooth running of our organisation.
So, if you could thrive working at the heart of an international, highly regarded specialist legal firm, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
As the Practice Manager, you will report into the Managing Partners and take responsibility for the management of staff and facilities within the Manchester office and across the firm.
Your focus will be to enable the firm to deliver an excellent and profitable service to our clients. This will be achieved through a range of HR, office operations, premises management and compliance activities.
Specifically, you will provide an HR function for 50 employees, review, develop and monitor office procedures to deliver increased efficiencies and manage the premises, equipment and other facilities, including suppliers and contractors.
Your role will also include:
- Recruiting staff, managing employee relation issues and managing inductions and training
- Maintaining employee records and instructing payroll
- Undertaking performance management and appraisals
- Managing the workflow, filing and archiving systems
- Promoting efficient working practices and improving service delivery to clients
- Assisting in the implementation and management of paper-lite working practices
- Negotiating and monitoring supplier agreements, insurance policies and leases
- Procuring equipment and services
- Liaising with landlords and external suppliers and contractors
- General office housekeeping
- Notifying the building management team of issues and ensuring problems are resolved
To be considered as the Practice Manager, you will need:
- Experience of practice management in a professional (especially legal) practice
- Strong HR experience
- Excellent administration and IT skills
- Experience of managing and supervising staff
- Excellent people skills with the ability to deal with employees face to face and by telephone and the ability to take control of difficult situations
- A flexible approach with the capacity to take on a variety of tasks
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- A common sense approach to problem solving with positive solutions
- A hands-on approach
This is the ideal role for an individual who has held the title of Operations Manager, Practice Operations Manager, Legal Firm Manager, Practice Office Manager, Professional Services Manager, Office Manager, HR Advisor, HR Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not advertising any vacancies currently.
We are not advertising any vacancies currently.
No terminology used above is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We will gladly consider all applications.
“I was impressed by the training Wilson Gunn offered and their strong reputation.”