At Wilson Gunn, we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
Take a look at our latest opportunities below.
Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys and Trainees
Whether you are a graduate looking to begin their training or a qualified patent or trade mark attorney who wants to take the next step in their career, we’d love to hear from you.
We are not currently advertising a particular vacancy, however, we are always happy to hear from part-qualified and qualified attorneys who are interested in joining Wilson Gunn.
Please email email@example.com or call James Robey on 0161 827 9400 to discuss possible opportunities in confidence.
Although we are not currently seeking any other trainee patent or trade mark attorneys we are always happy to receive speculative applications, which we will retain on file for a period of six months. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we generally receive a large number of applications we regret we are not always able to acknowledge them.
Our attorneys rely on our specialist support team and we are always happy to hear from talented individuals with experience, or enthusiasm to build a career, in IP administration.
Legal Secretary (Patent & Trade Mark)
Birmingham, West Midlands
If you are a highly organised Legal Secretary with excellent problem-solving abilities, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop a long-term, rewarding career with a well-established firm.
We are Wilson Gunn, a leading practice of patent and trade mark attorneys. With offices in Manchester, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Liverpool, London and Dublin, our clients range from aspiring start-ups and SMEs through to multinational corporations and internationally renowned brands.
We are now looking for a Legal Secretary to join our office in Birmingham and provide a high level of support to our fee earners.
- Competitive salary DOE (increasing after probation period)
- Christmas bonus
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after three months)
- The opportunity to become a qualified IP paralegal (if not already qualified)
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing to 30 with service
- Holiday buy/sell scheme (after 12 months)
- Full support and training
- Ride2work scheme (after probation period)
This is a brilliant opportunity to take on an exciting, new challenge with a firm that champions learning and development and supports their employees to fulfil their potential.
Within a vibrant and fast-paced environment, you will have the chance to increase your intellectual property expertise while working alongside a welcoming, approachable team who are passionate about delivering the very best for their clients.
As a Legal Secretary, you will provide paralegal and administrative support to our patent and trade mark attorneys.
Focusing on completing tasks to a high standard within set deadlines, you will:
- Prepare, file and process new patent, trade mark and design applications
- Manage fee earners’ diaries to help maximise their efficiency
- Produce documents, including standard documentation, typing up copy and transcribing audio
- Prepare client reports, documentation and schedules
- Assist other members of the admin and secretarial team when required
To join us as a Legal Secretary, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience as a Paralegal/Secretary within a legal organisation or department, preferably with an IP background
- A high level of IT literacy, including MS Office
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above in English and Maths
- An outstanding eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
CIPA and/or CITMA administrator qualifications would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role IP Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Legal Team Secretary, Legal Support Assistant, IP Legal Secretary, Patent Legal Secretary, Legal PA or Legal Administrator.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter/email to email@example.com.
We are not advertising any vacancies currently.
No terminology used above is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We will gladly consider all applications.
“I was impressed by the training Wilson Gunn offered and their strong reputation.”