At Wilson Gunn, we are always on the lookout for talented people to join our team.
Take a look at our latest opportunities below.
Patent & Trade Mark Attorneys and Trainees
Whether you are a graduate looking to begin their training or a qualified patent or trade mark attorney who wants to take the next step in their career, we’d love to hear from you.
We are not currently advertising a particular vacancy, however, we are always happy to hear from part-qualified and qualified attorneys who are interested in joining Wilson Gunn.
Please email email@example.com or call James Robey on 0161 827 9400 to discuss possible opportunities in confidence.
Although we are not currently seeking any other trainee patent or trade mark attorneys we are always happy to receive speculative applications, which we will retain on file for a period of six months. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As we generally receive a large number of applications we regret we are not always able to acknowledge them.
Our attorneys rely on our specialist support team and we are always happy to hear from talented individuals with experience, or enthusiasm to build a career, in IP administration.
Patent & Trade Mark Secretary – Manchester
We are actively hiring for a legal secretary for our Manchester office.
The main duties in the role of secretary are to:
- Provide administrative support to fee earners
- Ensure that work is processed accurately and efficiently meeting targets and deadlines
- Typing (copy and audio)
- Preparing invoices
- Office hours MON to FRI 9am – 5pm
Desirable experience for this role:
- At least 1 year legal secretarial experience
- Audio-typing experience
- Good knowledge of computers and MS Office suite
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- Team player
- The ability to multi-task
- Grade C ‘O’ level/GCSE or higher equivalent in main subjects – English and Maths
- Salary competitive depending on experience
- Auto enrolment pension scheme following 3 months’ employment
- Christmas bonus depending on attendance, time keeping and performance – typically at least one week
- Long term career with well-established professional firm
- 25 days holiday – increasing to 30 days with service
- Holiday buy / sell scheme following 12 months' service
- Full support and training
- Ride2work scheme available following probationary period
IP Administration Support Assistant – Manchester
We are actively hiring for an IP Administrative Support Assistant for our Manchester office.
Main purpose of job:
You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced legal environment providing support to IP Secretaries and Attorneys. The primary consideration is ensuring work is processed accurately and efficiently to help your team meet strict targets within set deadlines.
What we look for in a candidate:
- Experienced in a legal administrative role desirable but not essential.
- Inherent attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Confident with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
What we offer:
The role is primarily routine admin-support, with opportunities to advance to secretary where a vacancy exists and assuming sufficient progress is maintained over a sustained period.
Competitive salary with significant incremental increases after a successful 6-month probation period. Providing progress is maintained, salary will increase again at 12 months when you will also be entitled to an enhanced holiday package, including the option to buy/sell holidays.
Primary Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Maintaining complete and accurate paper and electronic files.
- Matching correspondence (email & paper) and distributing with associated files.
- Archiving digital and paper files
Typing and Document Production:
- Accurate typing (copy and audio), ideally 50+ words per minute
- Preparing standard letters & invoices
- Scanning and photocopying, preparing paper and digital documents as required
General Administrative Support:
- Ensuring that the contact database and our cases records are up to date
- Liaise with IP Administration team to ensure deadlines are diarised
Secondary Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Reception and switchboard cover (requires separate training and dress code)
- To act as fire marshal or duty first aid person when required (training provided)
The business may ask you to perform different tasks from those above, particularly as your role evolves or the objectives of the business change.
To apply for this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter/email to email@example.com.
No terminology used above is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We will gladly consider all applications.
“I was impressed by the training Wilson Gunn offered and their strong reputation.”